2017 Georgia Code
Title 14 - Corporations, Partnerships, and Associations
Chapter 9 - Revised Uniform Limited Partnership Act
Article 4 - General Partners
§ 14-9-405. Voting rights; additional rights, powers, and duties
- (a) The partnership agreement may grant:
- (1) The right to vote to all or certain identified general partners or specified classes or groups of the general partners on a per capita or any other basis, separately or with all or any class or group of the limited partners or the general partners, on all matters or on one or more specified matters; and
- (2) Dissenters' rights to all or certain identified general partners.
- (b) A partnership agreement that grants a right to vote may set forth provisions relating to notice of the time, place, or purpose of any meeting at which any matter is to be voted on by any general partners, waiver of any such notice, action by consent without a meeting, the establishment of a record date, quorum requirements, voting in person or by proxy, or any other matter with respect to the exercise of any such right to vote. Subject to such provisions in the partnership agreement, the matters referred to in this subsection may be decided by the general partners.
- (c) In addition to the relative rights, powers, and duties authorized by subsections (a) and (b) of this Code section and by Code Section 14-9-504, a partnership agreement may provide for classes or groups of general partners having such relative rights, powers, and duties as the partnership agreement may provide.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.