2017 Georgia Code
Title 14 - Corporations, Partnerships, and Associations
Chapter 3 - Nonprofit Corporations
Article 8 - Directors and Officers
Part 2 - Meetings and Action of the Board
§ 14-3-825. Committees
- (a) Unless the articles or bylaws provide otherwise, a board of directors may create one or more committees of the board and appoint members of the board to serve on them. Each committee shall have one or more directors, who serve at the pleasure of the board.
- (b) If authorized by the articles or bylaws, the board or, if there are members entitled to elect directors, the members may appoint individuals who are not currently members of the board, but who formerly were members of the board of the corporation, as voting members of committees of the board. All provisions of this article applicable to directors shall apply equally to such individuals.
- (c) Code Sections 14-3-820 through 14-3-824, which govern meetings, action without meetings, notice and waiver of notice, and quorum and voting requirements of the board, apply to committees and their members as well.
- (d) To the extent specified by the board of directors or in the articles or bylaws, each committee of the board may exercise the board's authority under Code Section 14-3-801.
- (e) A committee may not, however:
- (1) Authorize distributions;
- (2) Approve or recommend to members dissolution, merger, or the sale, pledge, or transfer of all or substantially all of the corporation's assets;
- (3) Elect, appoint, or remove directors or fill vacancies on the board or on any of its committees; or
- (4) Adopt, amend, or repeal the articles or bylaws.
- (f) The creation of, delegation of authority to, or action by a committee does not alone constitute compliance by a director with the standards of conduct described in Code Section 14-3-830.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.