2017 Georgia Code
Title 14 - Corporations, Partnerships, and Associations
Chapter 3 - Nonprofit Corporations
Article 8 - Directors and Officers
Part 1 - Board of Directors
§ 14-3-809. Procedure for removing directors
- (a) A designated director may be removed by an amendment to the articles or bylaws deleting or changing the designation.
- (b) Except as otherwise provided in the articles or bylaws:
- (1) An appointed director may be removed without cause by the person appointing the director;
- (2) The person removing the director shall do so by giving written notice of the removal to the director and either the presiding officer of the board or the corporation's president or secretary; and
- (3) A removal is effective when the notice is effective unless the notice specifies a future effective date.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.