2017 Georgia Code
Title 14 - Corporations, Partnerships, and Associations
Chapter 11 - Limited Liability Companies
Article 2 - Formation
§ 14-11-205. Execution of documents
- (a) Unless otherwise specified in any other Code section of this chapter, any document required or permitted by this chapter to be delivered to the Secretary of State for filing shall be executed:
- (1) By any member;
- (2) By any manager if management of the limited liability company is vested in one or more managers;
- (3) By any organizer if the limited liability company has been formed but it has no members or managers; or
- (4) If the limited liability company is in the hands of a receiver, trustee, or other court-appointed fiduciary, by that fiduciary.
- (b) The person executing the document shall sign it and state beneath or opposite his or her signature his or her name and the capacity in which he or she signs.
- (c) The person executing the document may do so as an attorney-in-fact. Powers of attorney relating to the execution of the document do not need to be shown to or filed with the Secretary of State.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.