2017 Georgia Code
Title 12 - Conservation and Natural Resources
Chapter 2 - Department of Natural Resources
Article 1 - General Provisions
§ 12-2-3. Departmental purposes
- It shall be the objectives of the department:
- (1) To have the powers, duties, and authority formerly vested in the Division of Conservation and the commissioner of conservation;
- (2) By means of investigation, recommendation, and print or electronic publication, to aid:
- (A) In the promotion of the conservation and development of the natural resources of the state;
- (B) In promoting a more profitable use of lands and waters;
- (C) In promoting the development of commerce and industry; and
- (D) In coordinating existing scientific investigations with any related work of other agencies for the purpose of formulating and promoting sound policies of conservation and development;
- (3) To collect and classify the facts derived from such investigations and from the work of other agencies of the state as a source of information accessible to the citizens of the state and to the public generally, which facts set forth the natural, economic, industrial, and commercial advantages of the state; and
- (4) To establish and maintain perfect cooperation with any and every agency of the federal government interested in or dealing with the subject matter of the department.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.