2017 Georgia Code
Title 10 - Commerce and Trade
Chapter 6B - Uniform Power of Attorney
Article 2 - Authority of Agent
§ 10-6B-45. Stocks and bonds
- Unless the power of attorney otherwise provides, language in a power of attorney granting general authority with respect to stocks and bonds shall authorize the agent to:
- (1) Buy, sell, and exchange stocks and bonds;
- (2) Establish, continue, modify, or terminate an account with respect to stocks and bonds;
- (3) Pledge stocks and bonds as security to borrow, pay, renew, or extend the time of payment of a debt of the principal;
- (4) Receive certificates and other evidences of ownership with respect to stocks and bonds; and
- (5) Exercise voting rights with respect to stocks and bonds in person or by proxy, enter into voting trusts, and consent to limitations on the right to vote.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.