2017 Georgia Code
Title 10 - Commerce and Trade
Chapter 6B - Uniform Power of Attorney
Article 1 - General Provisions
§ 10-6B-5. Execution of power of attorney
- (a) A power of attorney shall be:
- (1) Signed by the principal or by another individual in such principal's presence at the principal's express direction;
- (2) Attested in the presence of the principal by one or more competent witnesses; and
- (3) Attested in the presence of the principal before a notary public or other individual authorized by law to administer oaths who is not a witness for purposes of paragraph (2) of this Code section.
- (b) All signatures and attestations required by subsection (a) of this Code section shall be performed and conducted in the presence of all parties provided for in subsection (a) of this Code section.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.