2016 Georgia Code
Title 9 - Civil Practice
Chapter 9 - Arbitration
Article 2 - Medical Malpractice
§ 9-9-65. Arbitration submission; irrevocability absent consent
(a) The referee shall meet with the parties or their representatives, or both, prior to the arbitration. The referee shall assist the parties in preparing an arbitration submission which shall contain the following:
(1) A clear and accurate statement of the matters in controversy;
(2) An agreement as to the payment of the costs of the arbitration;
(3) The procedure to be followed in the arbitration;
(4) A list of the witnesses whose testimony the parties desire to present to the arbitrators;
(5) The names of the arbitrators chosen by each party;
(6) The time and place of meeting of the arbitrators; and
(7) Any other matters that may be pertinent to the arbitration.
(b) The submission shall be in writing and shall be signed by the parties or their representatives. When signed, the submission shall be irrevocable except by consent of all the parties.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.