2016 Georgia Code
Title 43 - Professions and Businesses
Chapter 37 - Dealers in Precious Metals and Gems
§ 43-37-1. Definitions
As used in this chapter, the term:
(1) "Dealer in precious metals or gems" means:
(A) Any person engaged in the business of purchasing precious metals or gems or goods made from precious metals or gems from persons or sources other than manufacturers, manufacturers' representatives, or other dealers in precious metals or gems; or
(B) A person engaged in any other business if, in conjunction with such business, precious metals or gems or goods made from precious metals or gems are purchased from persons or sources other than manufacturers, manufacturers' representatives, or other dealers in precious metals or gems where such purchase is for resale in its original form or as changed by remounting, melting, re-forming, remolding, or recasting or for resale as scrap or in bulk.
(2) "Gems" means any precious or semiprecious stone which is cut and polished.
(3) "Numismatic coins" means coins whose value as collectors' items exceeds the value of the content of the precious metals in the coins.
(4) "Person" means an individual, partnership, corporation, joint venture, trust, association, or any other legal entity however organized.
(5) "Precious metals" means gold, silver, or platinum or any alloy containing gold, silver, or platinum.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.