2016 Georgia Code
Title 30 - Handicapped Persons
Chapter 9 - Georgia Achieving a Better Life Experience (Able)
§ 30-9-3. Definitions
As used in this chapter, the term:
(1) "ABLE account" means an account established and owned by an eligible individual pursuant to this chapter.
(2) "Board" means the board of directors of the Georgia ABLE Program Corporation.
(3) "Corporation" means the Georgia ABLE Program Corporation created pursuant to Code Section 30-9-4.
(4) "Designated beneficiary" means the eligible individual who establishes an ABLE account or to whom an ABLE account is transferred.
(5) "Eligible individual" means an eligible individual as defined in Section 529A of the Internal Revenue Code.
(6) "Georgia ABLE program" or "program" means a qualified ABLE program established pursuant to this chapter.
(7) "Internal Revenue Code" has the meaning provided in Code Section 48-1-2.
(8) "Participation agreement" means the agreement between the board and an eligible individual participating in the Georgia ABLE Program Trust Fund or his or her fiduciary.
(9) "Qualified ABLE Program" means a program established pursuant to Section 529A of the Internal Revenue Code.
(10) "Qualified disability expense" means an expense as defined in Section 529A of the Internal Revenue Code.
(11) "Trust fund" means the Georgia ABLE Program Trust Fund.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.