2016 Georgia Code
Title 14 - Corporations, Partnerships, and Associations
Chapter 11 - Limited Liability Companies
Article 10 - Dissenters' Rights
§ 14-11-1002. Right to dissent
(a) Unless otherwise provided by the articles of organization or a written operating agreement, a record member of the limited liability company is entitled to dissent from, and obtain payment of the fair value of his or her membership interest in the event of, any of the following actions:
(1) Consummation of a plan of merger to which the limited liability company is a party if approval of less than all of the members of the limited liability company is required for the merger by the articles of organization or a written operating agreement and the member is entitled to vote on the merger;
(2) Consummation of a plan of conversion pursuant to Code Section 14-2-1109.2 or 14-11-906;
(3) Consummation of a sale, lease, exchange, or other disposition of all or substantially all of the property of the limited liability company if approval of less than all of the members is required by the articles of organization or a written operating agreement and the member is entitled to vote on the sale, lease, exchange, or other disposition, but not including a sale pursuant to court order or a sale for cash pursuant to a plan by which all or substantially all of the net proceeds of the sale will be distributed to the members within one year after the date of sale;
(4) An amendment of the articles of organization that materially and adversely affects rights in respect of a dissenter's membership interest in the limited liability company because it:
(A) Alters or abolishes a preferential right of the member's interest;
(B) Creates, alters, or abolishes a right in respect of redemption, including a provision respecting a sinking fund for the redemption or repurchase, of the membership interest;
(C) Alters or abolishes a preemptive right of the holder of the membership interest to acquire additional interest or other securities;
(D) Excludes or limits the right of the member to vote on any matter, other than a limitation by dilution through additional member contributions or other securities with similar voting rights; or
(E) Cancels, redeems, or repurchases all or part of the membership interest of the class; or
(5) Any limited liability company action taken pursuant to a member vote to the extent that the articles of organization or a written operating agreement provides that voting or nonvoting members are entitled to dissent and obtain payment for their membership interests.
(b) A member entitled to dissent and obtain payment for his or her membership interest under this article may not challenge the limited liability company action creating his or her entitlement unless the limited liability company action fails to comply with procedural requirements of this chapter, the articles of organization, or the written operating agreement or if the vote required to obtain approval of the limited liability company action was obtained by fraudulent and deceptive means, regardless of whether the member has exercised dissenters' rights.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.