2015 Georgia Code
Title 40 - MOTOR VEHICLES AND TRAFFIC
Chapter 16 - DEPARTMENT OF DRIVER SERVICES
§ 40-16-8 - Governor's Commercial Transportation Advisory Committee
(a) There shall be established, within the department, the Governor's Commercial Transportation Advisory Committee. The purpose of this committee is to advise the Governor on all laws, regulations, rules, and other matters related to the operation within this state of motor carriers, including private carriers, as defined in Code Section 46-1-1. The committee shall also serve as a forum for representatives of the motor carrier industry to meet with representatives of the various state agencies responsible for the oversight, enforcement, taxation, and regulation of the commercial transportation industry.
(b) The committee shall consist of the following members:
(1) The commissioner of driver services or his or her designee;
(2) The commissioner of public safety or his or her designee;
(3) The commissioner of transportation or his or her designee;
(4) The state revenue commissioner or his or her designee;
(5) The Speaker of the House or his or her designee;
(6) The chairperson of the House Transportation Committee, who shall chair the committee;
(7) The President Pro Tempore of the Senate or his or her designee;
(8) The chairperson of the Senate Transportation Committee;
(9) The president of the Georgia Motor Trucking Association or his or her designee;
(10) Five industry representatives appointed by the Governor; and
(11) The Governor or his or her designee who shall serve ex officio.
(c) Each member of the committee shall serve until replaced. All members of the committee shall have equal voting privileges on all matters brought before the committee. The committee shall meet at least three times per year at a date and time set by the chairperson. The chairperson shall prepare an agenda for each meeting and shall distribute the agenda for each meeting at least 20 days prior to the date of the meeting.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.