2015 Georgia Code
Title 19 - DOMESTIC RELATIONS
Chapter 9 - CHILD CUSTODY PROCEEDINGS
Article 4 - POWER OF ATTORNEY FOR THE CARE OF A MINOR CHILD
§ 19-9-123 - Powers granted by power of attorney
Through the power of attorney for the care of a minor child, the parent may authorize the agent grandparent to perform the following functions:
(1) Enroll the child in school and in extracurricular activities;
(2) Enroll the child in any health insurance program offered to the grandparent;
(3) Provide access to school records and may disclose the contents to others;
(4) Arrange for and consent to medical, dental, and mental health treatment for the child;
(5) Provide access to medical, dental, and mental health records and may disclose the contents thereof to others;
(6) Provide for the child's food, lodging, housing, recreation, and travel; and
(7) Any additional powers as specified by the parent.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.