2015 Georgia Code
Title 15 - COURTS
Chapter 7 - STATE COURTS OF COUNTIES
Article 1 - GENERAL PROVISIONS
§ 15-7-4 - Jurisdiction
(a) Each state court shall have jurisdiction, within the territorial limits of the county or counties for which it was created and concurrent with the superior courts, over the following matters:
(1) The trial of criminal cases below the grade of felony;
(2) The trial of civil actions without regard to the amount in controversy, except those actions in which exclusive jurisdiction is vested in the superior courts;
(3) The hearing of applications for and the issuance of arrest and search warrants;
(4) The holding of courts of inquiry;
(5) The punishment of contempt by fines not exceeding $1,000.00, by imprisonment not exceeding 20 days, or both; and
(6) Review of decisions of other courts as may be provided by law.
(b) Each state court shall have jurisdiction, within the territorial limits of the county or counties for which it was created and concurrent with other courts having such jurisdiction, over possession of one ounce or less of marijuana, in accordance with Code Sections 16-13-2 and 16-13-30.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.