2014 Georgia Code
Title 9 - CIVIL PRACTICE
Chapter 10 - CIVIL PRACTICE AND PROCEDURE GENERALLY
Article 7 - CONTINUANCES
§ 9-10-160 - Continuance for absence of witness; what application to show
All applications for continuances upon the ground of the absence of a witness shall show to the court:
(1) That the witness is absent;
(2) That he has been subpoenaed;
(3) That he does not reside outside of the state;
(4) That his testimony is material;
(5) That the witness is not absent by the permission, directly or indirectly, of the applicant;
(6) That the applicant expects he will be able to procure the testimony of the witness at the next term of the court;
(7) That the application is not made for the purpose of delay but to enable the party to procure the testimony of the absent witness; and
(8) The facts expected to be proved by the absent witness.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.