2010 Georgia Code
O.C.G.A. 50-20-8 (2010)
TITLE 50 - STATE GOVERNMENT
CHAPTER 20 - RELATIONS WITH NONPROFIT CONTRACTORS
§ 50-20-8 - Applicability
(a) Except as provided in paragraphs (1) through (3) of subsection (b) and paragraphs (1) and (2) of subsection (c) of this Code section, all contracts between a nonprofit organization and a state organization shall be subject to this chapter.
(b) This chapter shall not apply to:
(1) Procurement contracts used to buy goods or services from vendors;
(2) Individual employment contracts; and
(3) Benefit payments or other related payments made by state organizations to a nonprofit organization on behalf of individuals for health care or other services.
(c) The provisions of subsection (b) of Code Section 50-20-3 shall not apply to the following:
(1) Nonprofit organizations affiliated with the University System of Georgia which are organized or operated primarily for the purpose of serving, soliciting, receiving, and investing gifts and donations in the name of the board of regents or individual units of the University System of Georgia or related programs and which expend less than $25,000.00 in state awards;
(2) Nonprofit organizations affiliated with the State Board of Technical and Adult Education or with postsecondary technical schools operated under the state level management and operational control of the State Board of Technical and Adult Education which organizations are operated primarily for the purpose of serving, soliciting, receiving, and investing gifts and donations for the board, such schools, or related programs and which expend less than $25,000.00 in state awards; and
(3) Nonprofit organizations which expend less than $25,000.00 in state awards.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.