2010 Georgia Code
O.C.G.A. 43-4A-13 (2010)
TITLE 43 - PROFESSIONS AND BUSINESSES
CHAPTER 4A - ATHLETE AGENTS
§ 43-4A-13 - Prohibited activities of athlete agent
43-4A-13. Prohibited activities of athlete agent
(a) An athlete agent shall not, with the intent to induce a student athlete to enter into an agency contract:
(1) Give any materially false or misleading information or make a materially false promise or representation;
(2) Furnish anything of value to a student athlete before the student athlete enters into the agency contract; or
(3) Furnish anything of value to an individual other than the student athlete or another registered athlete agent.
(b) An athlete agent shall not intentionally:
(1) Initiate contact with a student athlete unless registered under this chapter;
(2) Refuse or fail to retain or permit inspection of the records required to be retained by this chapter;
(3) Fail to register when required by this chapter;
(4) Provide materially false or misleading information in an application for registration or renewal of registration;
(5) Predate or postdate an agency contract; or
(6) Fail to notify a student athlete before the student athlete signs or otherwise authenticates an agency contract for a particular sport that such signing or authentication may make the student athlete ineligible to participate as a student athlete in that sport.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.