2010 Georgia Code
O.C.G.A. 43-47-6 (2010)
TITLE 43 - PROFESSIONS AND BUSINESSES
CHAPTER 47 - USED MOTOR VEHICLE AND USED MOTOR VEHICLE PARTS DEALERS
§ 43-47-6 - General powers and duties of board
43-47-6. General powers and duties of board
All powers and duties under this chapter not specifically reserved to the board shall be the powers and duties of the division. The board shall have the following powers and duties:
(1) To receive applications for registration of licensees and to forward them to the appropriate division;
(2) To make such rules and regulations as may be necessary to effectuate the administration and enforcement of this chapter;
(3) To arrange for all new applicants to have a criminal background check, which background check shall be mandatory. The applicant's fingerprints shall be forwarded to the Georgia Crime Information Center which shall run a criminal background check on the applicant and provide the results of the background check to the board. Additionally, the applicant's fingerprints will be forwarded to the Federal Bureau of Investigation for a national criminal history record check;
(4) To publish in print or electronically on or before September 1 of each year an alphabetical listing of all licensees pursuant to this chapter and to distribute copies of the same, if requested, to the Department of Public Safety, the Department of Revenue, and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, to all sheriffs in this state, and to all county and municipal police departments in this state;
(5) To establish a fee for a license for each principal place of business and a fee for a supplemental license for each place of business not immediately adjacent to the principal place of business. The board may establish separate schedules of fees for such licenses depending on whether the applicant begins to do business as a licensee prior to or after the issuance of any such license; and
(6) To do all other things necessary and proper to carry out the powers and duties listed in this Code section.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.