2010 Georgia Code
O.C.G.A. 40-9-2 (2010)
TITLE 40 - MOTOR VEHICLES AND TRAFFIC
CHAPTER 9 - REPORTING ACCIDENTS; GIVING PROOF OF FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
ARTICLE 1 - GENERAL PROVISIONS
§ 40-9-2 - Definitions
As used in this chapter, the term:
(1) "Accident" means the collision of any motor vehicle with another vehicle or with any object or fixture, or involvement of a motor vehicle in any manner in which any person is killed or injured or in which damage to the property of any one person to an extent of $500.00 or more is sustained.
(2) "Commissioner" means the commissioner of driver services.
(3) "Department" means the Department of Driver Services.
(4) "Operator" means every person who drives or is in actual physical control of a motor vehicle upon a highway or who is exercising control over or steering a vehicle being towed by a motor vehicle.
(5) "Proof of financial responsibility" means proof of ability to respond in damages for liability on account of accidents occurring subsequent to the effective date of said proof in the amounts specified in subparagraph (a) (1) (A) of Code Section 33-7-11.
(6) "Suspension of driver's license" means the temporary withdrawal by formal action of the department of a resident's license or nonresident's privilege to operate a motor vehicle on the public highways.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.