2010 Georgia Code
O.C.G.A. 4-8-27 (2010)
TITLE 4 - ANIMALS
CHAPTER 8 - DOGS
ARTICLE 2 - DANGEROUS DOG CONTROL
§ 4-8-27 - Confiscation of dogs; grounds; disposition
4-8-27. Confiscation of dogs; grounds; disposition
(a) A dangerous dog shall be immediately confiscated by the dog control officer or by a law enforcement officer or by another person authorized by the dog control officer if the:
(1) Owner of the dog does not secure the liability insurance or bond required by subsection (c) of Code Section 4-8-25;
(2) Dog is not validly registered as required by Code Section 4-8-25;
(3) Dog is not maintained in a proper enclosure; or
(4) Dog is outside a proper enclosure in violation of subsection (a) of Code Section 4-8-26.
(b) A potentially dangerous dog shall be confiscated in the same manner as a dangerous dog if the dog is:
(1) Not validly registered as required by Code Section 4-8-25;
(2) Not maintained in a proper enclosure; or
(3) Outside a proper enclosure in violation of subsection (b) of Code Section 4-8-26.
(c) Any dog that has been confiscated under the provisions of subsection (a) or (b) of this Code section shall be returned to its owner upon the owner's compliance with the provisions of this article and upon the payment of reasonable confiscation costs. In the event the owner has not complied with the provisions of this article within 20 days of the date the dog was confiscated, said dog shall be destroyed in an expeditious and humane manner.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.