2010 Georgia Code
O.C.G.A. 31-7-3.2 (2010)
TITLE 31 - HEALTH
CHAPTER 7 - REGULATION AND CONSTRUCTION OF HOSPITALS AND OTHER HEALTH CARE FACILITIES
ARTICLE 1 - REGULATION OF HOSPITALS AND RELATED INSTITUTIONS
§ 31-7-3.2 - Notice of cited deficiency and imposition of sanction
31-7-3.2. Notice of cited deficiency and imposition of sanction
(a) A nursing home or intermediate care home licensed under this article shall give notice in the event that such facility has been cited by the department for any deficiency for which the facility has received notice of the imposition of any sanction available under federal or state laws or regulations, except where a plan of correction is the only sanction to be imposed.
(b) A notice required under subsection (a) of this Code section shall be of a size and format prescribed by the department and shall contain the following:
(1) A list of each cited deficiency which has resulted in the notice being required;
(2) A description of any actions taken by or of any notices of intent to take action issued by federal or state entities as a result of such cited deficiencies;
(3) The telephone numbers of the state and community long-term care ombudsman programs; and
(4) A statement that a copy of the notice may be obtained upon written request accompanied by a self-addressed stamped envelope.
(c) A notice required by subsection (a) of this Code section shall be posted at the facility giving the notice:
(1) In an area readily accessible and continuously visible to the facility's residents and their representatives;
(2) Within 14 days after the facility receives notification of imposition of a sanction for a cited deficiency which requires the notice; and
(3) Until the department has determined such cited deficiencies no longer exist, at which time the notice may be removed.
(d) In addition to the posted notice required by subsection (c) of this Code section, a notice, containing the information set forth in subsection (b) of this Code section, shall also be provided by the facility upon written request. The facility shall be responsible for mailing a copy of such notice when the written request is accompanied by a postage paid self-addressed envelope.
(e) Each applicant to a facility shall receive upon written request with his application a copy of the most recent notice which has been distributed pursuant to this subsection. The facility may inform the applicant of any corrective actions taken in response to the cited deficiencies contained in such notice.
(f) In the event that the facility previously has been required to have posted or provided notice of the same cited deficiency arising from the same act, occurrence, or omission, this Code section should not be construed to require the facility to post or provide duplicate notice of such cited deficiency so long as the notice is made in a manner consistent with subsections (b) and (c) of this Code section.
(g) In the case of a violation of this Code section, the department may impose administrative sanctions as otherwise provided by law in accordance with Chapter 13 of Title 50, the "Georgia Administrative Procedure Act."
(h) The department may promulgate rules and regulations to implement the provisions of this Code section.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.