2010 Georgia Code
O.C.G.A. 27-3-24 (2010)
TITLE 27 - GAME AND FISH
CHAPTER 3 - WILDLIFE GENERALLY
ARTICLE 1 - HUNTING
PART 1 - GENERAL PROVISIONS
§ 27-3-24 - Restrictions on hunting feral hogs
27-3-24. Restrictions on hunting feral hogs
(a) It shall be unlawful to hunt, or engage in the hunting of, feral hogs:
(1) Upon the lands of another or enter upon the lands of another in pursuit of feral hogs without first obtaining permission from the landowner or lessee of such land or the lessee of the game rights of such land;
(2) Upon any land which is posted without having the permission required by paragraph (1) of this subsection in writing and carried upon the person;
(3) Upon, over, around, or near any land or place upon which any corn, wheat, or other grains, salts, apples, or other feeds or bait which would constitute a lure, attraction, or enticement for any feral hog has been placed, exposed, deposited, distributed, or scattered or upon, over, around, or near any such place for a period of ten days following the complete removal of all such feed or bait; provided, however, this paragraph shall not prohibit the use of bait described in this paragraph for the purpose of trapping feral hogs or hunting feral hogs by means other than a firearm or bow and arrow;
(4) From within a vehicle or while riding on a vehicle at night and with the use of a light;
(5) At night with a light, except that a light which is carried on the person of a hunter, affixed to a helmet or hat worn by a hunter, or part of a belt system worn by a hunter may be used for locating feral hogs; or
(6) During the firearms deer season unless the hunter and each person accompanying the hunter are wearing a total of at least 500 square inches of daylight fluorescent orange material as an outer garment and such material or garment is worn above the waistline, and may include a head covering.
(b) The Board of Natural Resources is authorized by rules or regulations to control and regulate the hunting or taking of feral hogs on wildlife management areas.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.