2010 Georgia Code
O.C.G.A. 21-2-563 (2010)
TITLE 21 - ELECTIONS
CHAPTER 2 - ELECTIONS AND PRIMARIES GENERALLY
ARTICLE 15 - MISCELLANEOUS OFFENSES
§ 21-2-563 - Improper signing or alteration of nomination petitions or affidavits
21-2-563. Improper signing or alteration of nomination petitions or affidavits
Any person who knowingly and willfully:
(1) Signs any nomination petition without having the qualifications prescribed by this chapter;
(2) Sets any false statement opposite the signature on a nomination petition;
(3) Signs more nomination petitions than permitted by this chapter;
(4) Makes a false statement in any affidavit required by this chapter to be appended to or to accompany a nomination petition;
(5) Signs any name not his or her own to any nomination petition; or
(6) Materially alters any nomination petition without the consent of the signers
shall be guilty of a felony.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.