2010 Georgia Code
O.C.G.A. 17-14-10 (2010)
TITLE 17 - CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
CHAPTER 14 - RESTITUTION AND DISTRIBUTION OF PROFITS TO VICTIMS OF CRIMES
ARTICLE 1 - RESTITUTION
§ 17-14-10 - Factors to be considered by ordering authority in determining nature and amount of restitution
17-14-10. Factors to be considered by ordering authority in determining nature and amount of restitution
(a) In determining the nature and amount of restitution, the ordering authority shall consider:
(1) The financial resources and other assets of the offender or person ordered to pay restitution including whether any of the assets are jointly controlled;
(2) The earnings and other income of the offender or person ordered to pay restitution;
(3) Any financial obligations of the offender or person ordered to pay restitution, including obligations to dependents;
(4) The amount of damages;
(5) The goal of restitution to the victim and the goal of rehabilitation of the offender;
(6) Any restitution previously made;
(7) The period of time during which the restitution order will be in effect; and
(8) Other factors which the ordering authority deems to be appropriate.
(b) If, subsequent to restitution being ordered pursuant to this article, a victim is convicted of a crime for which restitution is ordered, the ordering authority shall consider the previously ordered restitution as part of the financial resources of such victim.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.