There is a newer version of the Georgia Code
2010 Georgia Code
O.C.G.A. 15-18-3 (2010)
TITLE 15 - COURTS
CHAPTER 18 - PROSECUTING ATTORNEYS
ARTICLE 1 - GENERAL PROVISIONS
§ 15-18-3 - Qualifications
To be eligible to fill the office of district attorney, a person must:
(1) Have been a resident citizen of this state three years just preceding his election or appointment;
(2) Permanently reside in the circuit at the time of his election or appointment;
(3) Have attained the age of 25 years;
(4) Have been duly admitted and licensed to practice law in the superior courts for at least three years; and
(5) If previously disbarred from the practice of law, have been reinstated as provided by law.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.