2010 Georgia Code
O.C.G.A. 14-2-830 (2010)
TITLE 14 - CORPORATIONS, PARTNERSHIPS, AND ASSOCIATIONS
CHAPTER 2 - BUSINESS CORPORATIONS
ARTICLE 8 - DIRECTORS AND OFFICERS
PART 3 - STANDARDS OF CONDUCT
§ 14-2-830 - General standards for directors
14-2-830. General standards for directors
(a) A director shall discharge his duties as a director, including his duties as a member of a committee:
(1) In a manner he believes in good faith to be in the best interests of the corporation; and
(2) With the care an ordinarily prudent person in a like position would exercise under similar circumstances.
(b) In discharging his duties a director is entitled to rely on information, opinions, reports, or statements, including financial statements and other financial data, if prepared or presented by:
(1) One or more officers or employees of the corporation whom the director reasonably believes to be reliable and competent in the matters presented;
(2) Legal counsel, public accountants, investment bankers, or other persons as to matters the director reasonably believes are within the person's professional or expert competence; or
(3) A committee of the board of directors of which he is not a member if the director reasonably believes the committee merits confidence.
(c) In the instances described in subsection (b) of this Code section, a director is not entitled to rely if he has knowledge concerning the matter in question that makes reliance otherwise permitted by subsection (b) of this Code section unwarranted.
(d) A director is not liable to the corporation or to its shareholders for any action taken as a director, or any failure to take any action, if he performed the duties of his office in compliance with this Code section.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.