2010 Georgia Code
O.C.G.A. 14-2-1420 (2010)
TITLE 14 - CORPORATIONS, PARTNERSHIPS, AND ASSOCIATIONS
CHAPTER 2 - BUSINESS CORPORATIONS
ARTICLE 14 - DISSOLUTION
PART 2 - ADMINISTRATIVE DISSOLUTION
§ 14-2-1420 - Grounds for administrative dissolution
14-2-1420. Grounds for administrative dissolution
The Secretary of State may commence a proceeding under Code Section 14-2-1421 to dissolve a corporation administratively if:
(1) The state revenue commissioner has certified to the Secretary of State that the corporation has failed to file a license or occupation tax return and that a period of one year has expired since the last day permitted for timely filing without the filing and payment of all required license and occupation taxes and penalties by the corporation; provided, however, that dissolution proceedings shall be stayed so long as the corporation is contesting, in good faith, in any appropriate proceeding, the alleged grounds for dissolution;
(2) The corporation does not deliver its annual registration to the Secretary of State, together with all required fees and penalties, within 60 days after it is due;
(3) The corporation is without a registered agent or registered office in this state for 60 days or more;
(4) The corporation does not notify the Secretary of State within 60 days that its registered agent or registered office has been changed, that its registered agent has resigned, or that its registered office has been discontinued;
(5) The corporation pays a fee as required to be collected by the Secretary of State pursuant to the Code by a check or some other form of payment which is dishonored and the corporation or its incorporator or its agent does not submit payment for said dishonored payment within 60 days from notice of nonpayment issued by the Secretary of State; or
(6) Any notice which is required to be published by Code Section 14-2-201.1, 14-2-1006.1, 14-2-1105.1, or 14-2-1403.1 has not been published.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.