2015 Florida Statutes
TITLE XLVI - CRIMES
Chapter 893 - DRUG ABUSE PREVENTION AND CONTROL
893.09 - Enforcement.
(1) The Department of Law Enforcement, all state agencies which regulate professions or institutions affected by the provisions of this chapter, and all peace officers of the state shall enforce all provisions of this chapter except those specifically delegated, and shall cooperate with all agencies charged with the enforcement of the laws of the United States, this state, and all other states relating to controlled substances.
(2) Any agency authorized to enforce this chapter shall have the right to institute an action in its own name to enjoin the violation of any of the provisions of this chapter. Said action for an injunction shall be in addition to any other action, proceeding, or remedy authorized by law.
(3) All law enforcement officers whose duty it is to enforce this chapter shall have authority to administer oaths in connection with their official duties, and any person making a material false statement under oath before such law enforcement officers shall be deemed guilty of perjury and subject to the same punishment as prescribed for perjury.
(4) It shall be unlawful and punishable as provided in chapter 843 for any person to interfere with any such law enforcement officer in the performance of the officer’s official duties. It shall also be unlawful for any person falsely to represent himself or herself to be authorized to enforce the drug abuse laws of this state, the United States, or any other state.
(5) No civil or criminal liability shall be imposed by virtue of this chapter upon any person whose duty it is to enforce the provisions of this chapter, by reason of his or her being lawfully engaged in the enforcement of any law or municipal ordinance relating to controlled substances.
History.—s. 9, ch. 73-331; s. 1, ch. 77-174; s. 30, ch. 79-8; s. 1441, ch. 97-102.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Florida may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.