2003 Florida Code
TITLE XXXVII INSURANCE
Chapter 626 INSURANCE FIELD REPRESENTATIVES AND OPERATIONS
PART VI INSURANCE ADJUSTERS (ss. 626.851-626.878)
626.8698 Disciplinary guidelines for public adjusters.
626.8698 Disciplinary guidelines for public adjusters.--The office may deny, suspend, or revoke the license of a public adjuster, and administer a fine not to exceed $5,000 per act, for any of the following:
(1) Violating any provision of this chapter or a rule or order of the office or commission;
(2) Receiving payment or anything of value as a result of an unfair or deceptive practice;
(3) Receiving or accepting any fee, kickback, or other thing of value pursuant to any agreement or understanding, oral or otherwise; entering into a split-fee arrangement with another person who is not a public adjuster; or being otherwise paid or accepting payment for services that have not been performed;
(4) Violating s. 316.066 or s. 817.234;
(5) Soliciting or otherwise taking advantage of a person who is vulnerable, emotional, or otherwise upset as the result of a trauma, accident, or other similar occurrence; or
(6) Violating any ethical rule of the commission.
History.--s. 2, ch. 95-238; s. 984, ch. 2003-261.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Florida may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.