2019 District of Columbia Code
Title 1 - Government Organization.
Chapter 10 - Elections.
Subchapter I - Regulation of Elections.
- § 1–1001.01. Election of electors.
- § 1–1001.02. Definitions.
- § 1–1001.03. Board of Elections — Created; composition; term of office; vacancies; reappointment; designation of Chairman.
- § 1–1001.04. Board of Elections — Qualifications; prohibited activities; compensation; removal; time for filling vacancy.
- § 1–1001.05. Board of Elections — Duties.
- § 1–1001.05a. Advisory opinions. [Not Funded]
- § 1–1001.06. Board independent agency; facilities; seal.
- § 1–1001.06a. Establishment of the Election Reform Fund.
- § 1–1001.07. Voter.
- § 1–1001.08. Qualifications of candidates and electors; nomination and election of Delegate, Chairman of the Council, members of Council, Mayor, Attorney General, and members of State Board of Education; petition requirements; arrangement of ballot.
- § 1–1001.09. Secrecy required; place of voting; watchers; challenged ballots; assistance in marking ballot or operating voting machine; more than 1 vote prohibited; unopposed candidates; availability of regulations at polling place; deposit, inspection, and destruction of ballots.
- § 1–1001.09a. Post-election audits.
- § 1–1001.10. Dates for holding elections; votes cast for President and Vice President counted as votes for presidential electors; voting hours; tie votes; filling vacancy where elected official dies, resigns, or becomes unable to serve.
- § 1–1001.11. Recount; judicial review of election.
- § 1–1001.12. Interference with registration and voting.
- § 1–1001.13. Appropriations.
- § 1–1001.14. Corrupt election practices.
- § 1–1001.15. Candidacy for more than 1 office prohibited; multiple nominations; candidacy of officeholder for another office restricted.
- § 1–1001.16. Initiative and referendum process.
- § 1–1001.17. Recall process.
- § 1–1001.18. Enforcement of act; penalties. [Not Funded]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. District of Columbia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.