2018 District of Columbia Code
Title 16 - Particular Actions, Proceedings and Matters. [Enacted title]
Chapter 9 - Divorce, Annulment, Separation, Support, Etc.
- § 16–901. Definitions.
- § 16–902. Residency requirements.
- § 16–903. Decree annulling marriage.
- § 16–904. Grounds for divorce, legal separation, and annulment.
- § 16–905. Revocation and enlargement of decree of legal separation.
- § 16–906. Causes for absolute divorce arising after decree for separation.
- § 16–907. Parent and child relationship defined.
- § 16–908. Relationship not dependent on marriage or domestic partnership.
- § 16–909. Proof of child’s relationship to parents.
- § 16–909.01. Establishment of paternity by voluntary acknowledgment and based on genetic test results.
- § 16–909.02. Full faith and credit to parentage determinations by other states.
- § 16–909.03. Voluntary paternity acknowledgment program for birthing hospitals.
- § 16–909.04. Voluntary paternity acknowledgment program for birth records agency.
- § 16–909.05. Mayor authorized to designate other sites for paternity acknowledgment program.
- § 16–910. Assignment and equitable distribution of property.
- § 16–911. Pendente lite relief.
- § 16–912. Permanent alimony; enforcement. [Repealed]
- § 16–913. Alimony.
- § 16–914. Custody of children.
- § 16–914.01. Retention of jurisdiction as to alimony, custody of children, and child support.
- § 16–914.02. Child custody and visitation rights of parents during deployment for military service.
- § 16–915. Change of name on divorce.
- § 16–916. Maintenance of spouse [or domestic partner] and minor children; maintenance of former spouse [or domestic partner]; maintenance of minor children; enforcement.
- § 16–916.01. Child Support Guideline.
- § 16–916.01a. — Appendices to § 16-916.01.
- § 16–916.02. Child Support Guideline Commission.
- § 16–916.03. Proceedings in which child support matters may be considered.
- § 16–917. Co-respondents as defendants; service of process. [Repealed]
- § 16–918. Appointment of counsel; compensation; termination of appointment.
- § 16–919. Proof required on default or admission of defendant.
- § 16–920. Effective date of decree or judgment for annulment or absolute divorce.
- § 16–921. Validity of marriage, action to determine.
- § 16–922. Validity of marriages and divorces solemnized or pronounced before January 1, 1902.
- § 16–923. Abolition of action for breach of promise, alienation of affections, and criminal conversation.
- § 16–924. Expedited judicial hearing for child support.
- § 16–925. Privacy protection for victims of domestic violence.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. District of Columbia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.