2017 District of Columbia Code
Title 21 - Fiduciary Relations and Persons with Mental Illness. [Enacted title]
Chapter 11 - Commitment and Maintenance of Persons with Moderate Intellectual Disabilities.
- § 21–1101. Forest Haven defined. [Repealed]
- § 21–1102. Persons received in Forest Haven; age limit [Repealed]
- § 21–1103. petition as to substantial retardation; contents; verification; notice;process [Repealed]
- § 21–1104. Summons; contents; answer not required; return day; service [Repealed]
- § 21–1105. Appointment and qualifications of physicians; examination; certificate [Repealed]
- § 21–1106. Warrant to take into custody; detention or temporary guardianship; place of detention [Repealed]
- § 21–1107. Hearing; continuances; character of proofs; jury trial [Repealed]
- § 21–1108. Dismissal and discharge, or placement in Forest Haven; controlling considerations [Repealed]
- § 21–1108A. Voluntary admission to Forest Haven [Repealed]
- § 21–1109. Private and public patients; bond for support and maintenance; sufficiency and justification of sureties. [Repealed]
- § 21–1110. Liability of estate of public patient for maintenance. [Repealed]
- § 21–1111. Proceedings to charge relatives legally responsible for maintenance of public patient; collection of maintenance payments; enforcement of order; liability of decedent’s estate. [Repealed]
- § 21–1112. Public patients may become private patients by filing bond and paying advance. [Repealed]
- § 21–1113. Restrictions on discharge; petition for discharge; causes for discharge; superintendent to be notified; notice of variation of order; denial on petition not a bar to another. [Repealed]
- § 21–1114. Proceeding when child brought before Family Division appears to have at least a moderate intellectual disability.
- § 21–1115. Inquiry under this chapter if person convicted of offense.
- § 21–1116. Transfer to Saint Elizabeths Hospital when person becomes insane [Repealed]
- § 21–1117. Separate docket of cases brought under section 21-1103; reports of commissions [Repealed]
- § 21–1118. Transfer of substantially retarded from National Training Schools for Boys or Girls [Repealed]
- § 21–1119. Removal from school of nonresidents of the District of Columbia. [Repealed]
- § 21–1120. Paroles; conditions; expense; discretion of superintendent; violation; return [Repealed]
- § 21–1121. Citation, order, or process on patients to be served only by superintendent [Repealed]
- § 21–1122. Approval of patients’ contracts, etc., by court [Repealed]
- § 21–1123. Offenses and penalties [Repealed]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. District of Columbia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.