2017 District of Columbia Code
Title 19 - Descent, Distribution, and Trusts. [Enacted title]
Chapter 1 - Rights of Surviving Spouse or Domestic Partner, and Children.
- § 19–101. Family allowance; construction; penalties. [Repealed]
- § 19–101.01. Applicable law.
- § 19–101.02. Homestead allowance.
- § 19–101.03. Exempt property.
- § 19–101.04. Family allowance.
- § 19–101.05. Source, determination, and documentation; equitable apportionment when minor children are not in custody of the surviving spouse or surviving domestic partner.
- § 19–101.06. Penalties.
- § 19–102. Dower and curtesy abolished.
- § 19–103. Forfeiture of dower by desertion and adultery. [Repealed]
- § 19–104. Absent or incompetent spouse. [Repealed]
- § 19–105. Jointure before marriage as bar to dower. [Repealed]
- § 19–106. Jointure after marriage; election. [Repealed]
- § 19–107. Effect of acts of one spouse. [Repealed]
- § 19–107a. Release of dower. [Repealed]
- § 19–108. Recovery of dower withheld; damages. [Repealed]
- § 19–109. Recovery of dower obtained by default or collusion; damages. [Repealed]
- § 19–110. Assignment by guardian; rights of heir. [Repealed]
- § 19–111. Reendowment upon eviction from jointure. [Repealed]
- § 19–112. Devise or bequest to a spouse or domestic partner.
- § 19–113. Renunciation of devises and bequests; election; time limitations; renunciation or election by guardian or fiduciary; maximum rights; effect of no devise or bequest or if nothing passes under either; antenuptial or postnuptial agreements.
- § 19–114. Right of surviving spouse or surviving domestic partner if there is no renunciation.
- § 19–115. Definitions.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. District of Columbia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.