2015 District of Columbia Code
Division VIII - General Laws.
Title 43 - Cemeteries and Crematories.
Chapter 1 - Cemetery Associations; Regulatory Provisions.
- § 43-101. Incorporation; powers.
- § 43-102. Powers to acquire and sell land.
- § 43-103. Burial ground to be platted and surveyed.
- § 43-104. Inclosure and ornamentation of land; purchase of equipment.
- § 43-105. Duty to inclose and underdrain.
- § 43-106. Application of proceeds of sales of lots.
- § 43-107. Officers enumerated; term of office; effect of failure to choose officers.
- § 43-108. Election of officers.
- § 43-109. Lot owners are voting members of corporation.
- § 43-110. Bylaws.
- § 43-111. Exemption from taxation and sale on execution.
- § 43-112. Dedication of land; title vested in perpetuity.
- § 43-113. Grants and bequests for care of lots.
- § 43-114. Distance from City and from dwellings.
- § 43-115. Mayor authorized to license certain lands for cemetery purposes.
- § 43-116. Lots to be conspicuously marked; plat to be recorded; size and depth of graves.
- § 43-117. Register of burials; contents.
- § 43-118. Superintendent of cemetery to register at Department of Health.
- § 43-119. Movement or disposal of tissue taken from dead body.
- § 43-120. Keeping and exhibiting dead bodies.
- § 43-121. Place of burial.
- § 43-122. Mode of burial.
- § 43-123. Reopening graves; graves of pestilential disease victims.
- § 43-124. Crematories; consent of property owners; permit.
- § 43-125. Embalming; removal of tissue immediately after death.
- § 43-126. Penalty.
- § 43-127. Prosecutions.
- § 43-128. Court-ordered disinterment or disposal of ashes not affected.
- § 43-129. Cremation required in certain cases. [Repealed].
- § 43-130. Public crematory established. [Repealed].
- § 43-131. Act for promotion of anatomical science not affected by crematory law.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. The District of Columbia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.