The Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs shall provide for the continuation of a tenant hot line. The primary purpose of the tenant hot line is to provide assistance to low- and moderate-income tenants. To carry out this purpose, the functions and responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
(1) Answering rent control procedural questions, and directing tenants toward possible courses of action in resolving problems;
(2) Providing advice on housing regulation violations;
(3) Explaining rent increases;
(4) Providing guidance on emergency shelter;
(5) Providing guidance on the Tenant Assistance Program;
(6) Providing guidance in resolving problems involving water, heating, repairs, and other matters;
(7) Providing advice on possible action in response to allegations of discrimination, harassment, or neglect by housing providers;
(8) Answering preliminary questions about remedies through the courts;
(9) Providing guidance when tenants are faced with eviction; and
(10) Providing guidance on other tenant problems.
(July 17, 1985, D.C. Law 6-10, § 705, 32 DCR 3089.)
HISTORICAL AND STATUTORY NOTES
1981 Ed., § 45-2575.
Legislative History of Laws
For legislative history of D.C. Law 6-10, see Historical and Statutory Notes following § 45-2501.
Termination of Law 6-10: See Historical and Statutory Notes following § 45-2571.