2022 Delaware Code
Title 14 - Education
Chapter 87. DELAWARE INSTITUTE OF VETERINARY MEDICAL EDUCATION
§ 8704. Board — Composition; appointment; term; compensation; vacancies; quorum.
(a) The Board shall consist of 5 trustees as follows:
(1) One shall be a veterinary practitioner appointed by the Governor.
(2) One shall be a member of the State Board of Veterinary Examiners and appointed by the Governor.
(3) One shall be a member of the faculty of the University of Delaware and be appointed by the Dean of the College of Agricultural Sciences.
(4) One shall be a faculty member of Delaware State University and be appointed by the Head of the Department of Agriculture and Natural Resources.
(5) One shall be a member of the Delaware Veterinary Medical Association and be appointed by that organization's Executive Board.
(b) All members shall be appointed for terms of 3 years subject to 1 consecutive reappointment. Any member appointed to fill a vacancy shall be appointed only for the unexpired term.
(c) Three members of the Board shall constitute a quorum. A majority of the members present at any meeting at which a quorum is present shall be sufficient for any action by the Board.60 Del. Laws, c. 137, § 1; 69 Del. Laws, c. 67, § 2;