2022 Delaware Code
Title 14 - Education
Chapter 4A. Uniform Public School Registration Process
§ 404A. Internet-based uniform public school registration process requirements.
(a) The internet-based uniform public school registration process established under § 403A of this title must do all of the following:
(1) Require a parent to do the following:
a. Complete the online registration process.
b. Provide proof of immunizations.
c. For a registration of a child in prekindergarten or kindergarten, provide a completed common statewide physical exam form that includes all up-to-date American Academy of Pediatrics Bright Futures Schedule of Periodicity screening and preventative recommended measures. The common statewide physical exam form must include information to prove lead screening as required by Chapter 26 of Title 16.
d. Provide a birth certificate.
e. Provide proof of residency documents.
f. For registration of a child in prekindergarten or kindergarten, provide a completed statewide, approved developmental screening that includes social and emotional components and is less than 12 months old at the time of submission or complete the developmental screening as part of the registration process.
(2) Record the date a parent registers a child for the first time.
(3) Report the number of children registered during a given month.
(4) Within 48 hours of a request to transfer information, enable information provided by a parent to be transferred, with parental approval and on verification of contact and residency information, to another public school when a child's school district of residence changes or a parent applies to enroll the parent's child in a receiving local education agency under Chapter 4 of this title.
(5) Permit any relevant personal document, including a birth certificate, required by a public school to be uploaded using the internet-based uniform public school registration process.
(b) A public school shall provide computer access so that a parent may use the internet-based uniform public school registration process to register a child for school in the public school system for the first time.83 Del. Laws, c. 252, § 1;