2022 Delaware Code
Title 14 - Education
Chapter 4A. Uniform Public School Registration Process
§ 401A. Definitions.
For purposes of this chapter:
(1) “Charter school” means a public school established under Chapter 5 of this title.
(2) “Department” means the Department of Education.
(3) “Parent” means a natural parent, an adoptive parent, any person legally charged with the care or custody of a student under 18 years of age, or any person who has assumed responsibility for the care of a student under 18 years of age including any person acting as a caregiver pursuant to the provisions of § 202(f) of this title.
(4) “Public school” means a school district or charter school.
(5) “Receiving local education agency” means as defined under § 402 of this title.
(6) “School district” means a clearly defined geographic subdivision of the State organized for the purpose of administering public education in that area and includes a district specifically created to administer a system of vocational or technical education.