2021 Delaware Code
Title 13 - Domestic Relations
Chapter 8. Uniform Parentage Act
Subchapter IV. Registry of Paternity
§ 8-411. Required form.
The Office of Vital Statistics shall prepare a form for registering with the agency. The form must require the signature of the registrant. The form must state that the form is signed under penalty of perjury. The form must also state that:
(1) A timely registration entitles the registrant to notice of a proceeding for adoption of the child or termination of the registrant's parental rights;
(2) A timely registration does not commence a proceeding to establish paternity;
(3) The information disclosed on the form may be used against the registrant to establish paternity;
(4) Services to assist in establishing paternity are available to the registrant through the support-enforcement agency;
(5) The registrant should also register in another State if conception or birth of the child occurred in the other State;
(6) Information on registries of other States is available from the Office of Vital Statistics and the support-enforcement agency; and
(7) Procedures exist to rescind the registration of a claim of paternity.