2021 Delaware Code
Title 12 - Decedents' Estates and Fiduciary Relations
Chapter 5. Intestate Succession
§ 503. Share of heirs other than surviving spouse.
The part of the intestate estate not passing to the surviving spouse under § 502 of this title, or the entire intestate estate if there is no surviving spouse, passes as follows:
(1) To the issue of the decedent, per stirpes;
(2) If there is no surviving issue, to the decedent's parent or parents equally;
(3) If there is no surviving issue or parent, to the brothers and sisters and the issue of each deceased brother or sister, per stirpes;
(4) If there is no surviving issue, parent or issue of a parent, then to the next of kin of the decedent, and to the issue of a deceased next of kin, per stirpes;
(5) Any property passing under this section to 2 or more persons passes to such persons as tenants in common.