2018 Delaware Code
Title 12 - Decedents' Estates and Fiduciary Relations
CHAPTER 39. GUARDIANSHIP
Subchapter VII Delaware Guardianship Commission
§ 3991. The Guardianship Commission.
(a) The Delaware Guardianship Commission is hereby established, and shall be known as the "Guardianship Commission.'' The Commission shall consist of 12 members and shall be staffed by the Office of the Public Guardian. The Guardianship Commission shall be comprised of the following:
(1) One member from the Court of Chancery, designated by the Chancellor;
(2) A representative from the Department of Justice, designated by the Attorney General;
(3) The Director of the Guardianship Monitoring Program, or the Director's designee;
(4) One member of the House of Representatives, designated by the Speaker of the House;
(5) One member of the Senate, designated by the President Pro Tempore of the Senate;
(6) The Director of the Division of Services for Aging and Adults with Physical Disabilities, or the Director's designee,
(7) The Director of the Division of Substance Abuse and Mental Health, or the Director's designee;
(8) The Director of the Division of Developmental Disabilities Services, or the Director's designee;
(9) The Secretary of the Department of Health and Social Services, or the Secretary's designee.
(10) A representative from the Disability Community, designated by the Secretary of Health and Social Services;
(11) A representative from the Senior Citizen Community, designated by the Secretary of Health and Social Services;
(12) A representative from the hospital community, designated by the Delaware Healthcare Association.
(b) The Public Guardian shall serve as the Executive Director of the Commission to effectuate its purposes. The Public Guardian may, with the concurrence of the members, invite other individuals to participate in the Commission to advance its work.
78 Del. Laws, c. 40, § 2.