2017 Delaware Code
Title 6 - Commerce and Trade
CHAPTER 50. AUTOMOBILE WARRANTIES
§ 5001. Definitions.
As used in this chapter:
(1) "Automobile'' means any passenger motor vehicle which is leased or bought in Delaware or registered by the Division of Motor Vehicles in the Department of Transportation except the living facilities of motor homes.
(2) "Consumer'' means the purchaser, other than for purposes of resale, of an automobile; a person to whom an automobile is transferred during the duration of an express warranty applicable to the automobile; or any other person entitled by the terms of the warranty to enforce the obligations of the warranty.
(3) "Dealer'' means a person actively engaged in the business of buying, selling or exchanging automobiles at retail and who has an established place of business.
(4) "Lien'' means a security interest in an automobile.
(5) "Lienholder'' means a person with a security interest in an automobile pursuant to a lien.
(6) "Manufacturer'' means a person engaged in the business of manufacturing, assembling or distributing automobiles, who will, under normal business conditions during the year, manufacture, assemble or distribute to dealers at least 10 new automobiles.
(7) "Manufacturer's express warranty'' or "warranty'' means the written warranty of the manufacturer of a new automobile of its condition and fitness for use, including any terms or conditions precedent to the enforcement of obligations under that warranty.
(8) "Nonconformity'' means a defect or condition which substantially impairs the use, value or safety of an automobile.
64 Del. Laws, c. 173, § 1; 66 Del. Laws, c. 36, § 1; 74 Del. Laws, c. 110, § 1; 80 Del. Laws, c. 213, § 1.;