2016 Delaware Code
Title 21 - Motor Vehicles
CHAPTER 64. ODOMETERS
§ 6402. Definitions.
As used in this chapter:
(1) "Dealer" or "dealership" means any person, corporation, partnership or limited partnership who has sold 5 or more motor vehicles within the 12 months preceding the date of a violation of this chapter.
(2) "Lessee" means any person, or the agent for any person, who has leased for a term of at least 4 months.
(3) "Lessor" means any person, or the agent for any person, who has leased 5 or more motor vehicles in the past 12 months.
(4) "Mileage" means actual distance that a vehicle has traveled.
(5) "Odometer" means an instrument for measuring and recording the actual distance a motor vehicle travels while in operation; but shall not include any auxiliary odometer designed to be reset by the operator of the motor vehicle for the purpose of recording mileage on trips.
(6) "Repair and replacement" means to restore to a sound working condition by replacing the odometer or any part thereof by correcting what is inoperative.
(7) "Secure printing process or other secure process" means any process which deters and detects counterfeiting and/or unauthorized reproduction and allows alterations to be visible to the naked eye.
(8) "Transfer" means to change ownership of a motor vehicle by purchase, gift or any other means.
(9) "Transferee" means any person to whom ownership in a motor vehicle is transferred by purchase, gift or other means other than by creation of a security interest, and any person who, as agent, signs an odometer disclosure statement for the transferee.
(10) "Transferor" means any person who transfers ownership of a motor vehicle by sales, gift or any means other than by creation of a security interest, and any person who, as agent, signs an odometer disclosure statement for the transferor.
62 Del. Laws, c. 255, § 1; 69 Del. Laws, c. 113, § 1.;
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Delaware may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.