2016 Delaware Code
Title 21 - Motor Vehicles
§ 6315. Hearings.

21 DE Code § 6315 (2016) What's This?

(a) If the Division refuses an application for a license, denies a renewal of a license or proposes the suspension or revocation of a dealer's license, the Division shall provide a hearing when requested under § 6314 of this title. At the hearing the licensee shall have the right to be heard personally, by counsel or by its agent. The Director may initiate investigations, appoint a hearing officer and subpoena witnesses. After the hearing, the Director, upon receiving a decision from the hearing officer upholding the Division's position, may suspend or revoke a dealer's license, deny a renewal or refuse to approve an application. The Director shall consider prior to any suspension, revocation, denial of renewal or refusal to approve an application:

(1) The nature of the violation(s) and the dealer's willingness to make restitution to all parties harmed by dealership actions.

(2) The effect of the proposed action on the community.

The Director shall provide written notice to all parties involved of the decision by certified mail, return receipt requested. The decision is appealable to the Superior Court. Any appeal must be filed within 30 days of the earlier of the receipt of the decision by the dealer or the date of receipt of the return receipt by the Division.

(b) Should a dealer fail to maintain an established place of business, the Division may cancel the license without a hearing after notification of the intent to cancel has been sent by certified mail, to the dealer at the dealer's residence and business addresses, and the notices are returned undelivered or the dealer does not respond within 20 days from the date the notices were sent.

71 Del. Laws, c. 449, § 1.;

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Delaware may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.