2016 Delaware Code
Title 21 - Motor Vehicles
CHAPTER 63. SALE OF MOTOR VEHICLES
§ 6308. Auctions.
(a) Each person who conducts auctions of vehicles shall keep a record of each of the following:
(1) The name and address of the consignor or seller;
(2) The date on which the vehicle was consigned;
(3) The year, make, model and vehicle identification number of each vehicle consigned;
(4) The title number and State where the vehicle was last registered;
(5) The odometer mileage reading at the time of consignment;
(6) The name and address of the person to whom the vehicle was sold;
(7) The buyer's driver's license number and state which issued the license;
(8) The selling price; and
(9) The date of sale.
(b) During business hours, auction records shall be open for inspection by Division of Motor Vehicle officials, any police officer or any duly authorized investigator at the Department of Justice while discharging their official duties.
(c) Auction sales must be performed at the approved auction location.
(d) All records required by this section shall be maintained for 5 years after the sale of the vehicle to which such records apply.
(e) Auctions are authorized to issue 30-day temporary license plates under § 2130 of this title to allow vehicles to be removed from the auction lot. The temporary plates shall only be issued to individuals with a valid driver's license. The auction shall witness and record proof of any legally required liability insurance on a vehicle prior to the issuance of the temporary license plate.
71 Del. Laws, c. 449, § 1; 72 Del. Laws, c. 97, § 1.;
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Delaware may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.