2016 Delaware Code
Title 21 - Motor Vehicles
CHAPTER 63. SALE OF MOTOR VEHICLES
§ 6306. Consignment vehicles-contract.
Any motor vehicle dealer offering a vehicle for sale on consignment shall have in their possession a consignment contract for the vehicle, executed and signed by the dealer and the consignor. The consignment contract shall include the following:
(1) The complete name and address of the owner(s);
(2) The name, address and dealer identification number of the selling dealer;
(3) A complete description of the vehicle on consignment, including the make, model, year, vehicle identification number and body style;
(4) The beginning and termination dates of the contract;
(5) The percentage or the net amount the owner is to receive, if the vehicle is sold;
(6) A disclosure of all unsatisfied liens on the vehicle and the location of the certificate of title to the vehicle.
Any dealer offering a vehicle for sale on consignment shall inform any prospective customer that the vehicle is on consignment. Dealer license plates shall not be used to demonstrate a vehicle on consignment. The owners license plate may be used if liability insurance coverage is in effect in the amount prescribed by Delaware law.
71 Del. Laws, c. 449, § 1.;
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Delaware may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.