2020 Connecticut General Statutes
Title 52 - Civil Actions
Chapter 896 - Civil Process, Service and Time for Return
- Section 52-45a. (Formerly Sec. 52-89) - Commencement of civil actions. Contents and signature of process.
- Section 52-45b. (Formerly Sec. 52-90) - Forms for commencement of civil action.
- Section 52-46 - Time for service.
- Section 52-46a - Return of process.
- Section 52-47 - Transferred to Chapter 890, Sec. 51-347.
- Section 52-48 - Return day of process.
- Section 52-48a and 52-49 - Service and return day of process in Circuit Court. Appeals from administrative officers, when returnable.
- Section 52-50 - Persons to whom process shall be directed.
- Section 52-51 - Service by officer before giving bond.
- Section 52-52 - Orders of notice of legal or judicial proceedings.
- Section 52-53 - State marshal may make special deputation.
- Section 52-54 - Service of summons.
- Section 52-55 - When completion of service by another officer allowable.
- Section 52-56 - Service of process outside of officer's precinct.
- Section 52-57 - Manner of service upon individuals, municipalities, corporations, partnerships and voluntary associations.
- Section 52-57a - Service of process without state upon persons domiciled or subject to jurisdiction of courts in state.
- Section 52-57b, 52-58, 52-59 and 52-59a - Service of process upon: Partnerships; corporations, by advertisement or otherwise; voluntary associations; nonresident and foreign partnerships doing business in Connecticut.
- Section 52-59b - Jurisdiction of courts over nonresident individuals, foreign partnerships and foreign voluntary associations. Service of process.
- Section 52-59c - Service upon nonresident attaching creditor.
- Section 52-59d - Service of process outside country to be in accordance with treaty or convention or court order.
- Section 52-60 - Judge of probate as attorney for nonresident fiduciary. Service of process.
- Section 52-61 - Service upon nonresident fiduciaries.
- Section 52-62 - Service upon nonresident in action for negligent operation of motor vehicle.
- Section 52-63 - Service of civil process upon Commissioner of Motor Vehicles in lieu of owner or operator of motor vehicle, authorized when.
- Section 52-64 - Service in action against state.
- Section 52-65 - Service upon nonresident in a quo warranto case.
- Section 52-66 - Execution of process by borough bailiffs.
- Section 52-67 - Service in actions on joint contracts.
- Section 52-68 - Notice to nonresident adverse or interested parties and interested parties unknown to plaintiff.
- Section 52-69 - Notice to “representatives and creditors”, “widow” or “widower and heirs”.
- Section 52-70 - Endorsement on process for fees. Penalty for exacting illegal fees.
- Section 52-71 - Process void if issued or served on Sunday.
- Section 52-72 - Amendment of process.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Connecticut may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.