2019 Connecticut General Statutes
Title 45a - Probate Courts and Procedure
Chapter 802a* - Wills: Execution and Construction
EXECUTION OF WILLS
- Section 45a-250 - (Formerly Sec. 45-160). Who may make a will.
- Section 45a-251 - (Formerly Sec. 45-161). Making and execution of wills. Wills executed outside the state.
- Section 45a-252 to 45a-256 - Reserved for future use.
REVOCATION, CONSTRUCTION OF WILLS
- Section 45a-257 - (Formerly Sec. 45-162). Revocation of will.
- Section 45a-257a - Failure of testator to provide for surviving spouse who married testator after execution of will. Determination of share of estate.
- Section 45a-257b - Failure of testator to provide for children born or adopted after execution of will. Determination of share of estate.
- Section 45a-257c - Marriage of testator terminated after execution of will. Provisions of will re former spouse revoked.
- Section 45a-257d - Effect of provisions re revocation of will to be construed by probate courts.
- Section 45a-257e - Revocation of will executed on or after October 1, 1967, and prior to January 1, 1997.
- Section 45a-257f - Revocation of will executed on or after January 1, 1997.
- Section 45a-258 - (Formerly Sec. 45-172). Devise or bequest to subscribing witness.
- Section 45a-259 - (Formerly Sec. 45-173). Reference to document creating trust.
- Section 45a-260 - (Formerly Sec. 45-173a). Uniform Testamentary Additions to Trusts Act.
- Section 45a-261 - (Formerly Sec. 45-160a). Effect of devise of all real property.
- Section 45a-262 - (Formerly Sec. 45-161a). Words of inheritance apply to child born through A.I.D. and child of decedent conceived and born after death of decedent.
- Section 45a-263 - (Formerly Sec. 45-162a). “Majority” defined for wills executed prior to October 1, 1972.
- Section 45a-264 - (Formerly Sec. 45-174a). Reference to Internal Revenue Code.
- Section 45a-265 - (Formerly Sec. 45-174). Gift to spouse; reference to federal provisions re estate tax and marital deduction.
- Section 45a-266 - (Formerly Sec. 45-175a). Encumbrances on property of decedent or on proceeds of insurance policy on life of decedent not chargeable against assets of decedent's estate.
- Section 45a-267 - (Formerly Sec. 45-184). Bequest of perishable property for life or years.
- Section 45a-268 to 45a-272 - Reserved for future use.
*Annotations to former chapter 785:
No intention to the contrary being found in the language of a will or in the circumstances surrounding its execution, the words “lawful issue ..., share and share alike,” are interpreted as per stirpes and not per capita. 150 C. 120.
A promise to compensate for services by will may be express or implied. 23 CS 62.