2019 Connecticut General Statutes
Title 21a - Consumer Protection
Chapter 416* - Department of Consumer Protection
- Section 21a-1 - (Formerly Sec. 19-170a). Department and Commissioner of Consumer Protection. Department to be successor agency to Department of Public Safety, Division of Special Revenue and Gaming Policy Board re certain functions.
- Section 21a-1a - Commissioner and Department of Consumer Protection substituted for former commissioner and department.
- Section 21a-1b - Commissioner and Department of Consumer Protection substituted for former executive director and division.
- Section 21a-1c - Appointment of director.
- Section 21a-2 - (Formerly Sec. 19-170e). Toll-free telephone line for consumer inquiries and complaints. Processing of consumer complaints and other matters. Notification to respondent. Fine for failure to respond.
- Section 21a-3 - (Formerly Sec. 19-171c). Division of Consumer Education.
- Section 21a-3a - Public awareness campaign for elderly consumers re resistance to marketing tactics and scams.
- Section 21a-4 - (Formerly Sec. 19-171b). Refund of fees for unused permits. Fine for payment by check returned as uncollectible. Fine for late renewal of license, certificate or registration. Reinstatement of lapsed license.
- Section 21a-5 - (Formerly Sec. 19-171d). Federal funds, separate account authorized.
- Section 21a-6 - (Formerly Sec. 19-171e). Boards and commissions within Department of Consumer Protection.
- Section 21a-7 - (Formerly Sec. 19-171f). Powers and duties of boards and commissions within Department of Consumer Protection.
- Section 21a-8 - (Formerly Sec. 19-171g). Department’s and commissioner’s powers and duties re boards and commissions.
- Section 21a-8a - Consumer protection enforcement account.
- Section 21a-9 - (Formerly Sec. 19-171h). Uniform rules of procedure. Regulations re subjects within jurisdiction of boards and commissions within Department of Consumer Protection. Prohibited acts by practitioners. Rejection of decisions with anticompetitive effect. Definitions.
- Section 21a-10 - (Formerly Sec. 19-171i). Commissioner of Consumer Protection authorized to establish, combine or abolish divisions, sections or other units, exception. Regulations re staggered schedule for renewal of licenses. Prorated amount for guaranty fund fees and newly issued licenses, certificates, registrations and permits, allowed.
- Section 21a-10a - Retirement status license.
- Section 21a-11 - (Formerly Sec. 19-171). Powers and duties of commissioner.
- Section 21a-11a - Complaints against new home construction contractors, home improvement contractors and salesmen and unregistered persons. Study. Report.
- Section 21a-12 - (Formerly Sec. 19-170f). Use of chemicals in removing soot from chimneys and flues.
- Section 21a-12a - Training and education program on playground safety. Regulations.
- Section 21a-12b - Reusable food and beverage containers containing bisphenol-A: Prohibition; enforcement.
- Section 21a-12c - Infant formula and baby food receptacles containing bisphenol-A: Prohibition; existing inventory; enforcement.
- Section 21a-12d - Children's jewelry containing cadmium: Prohibition; enforcement.
- Section 21a-12e - Thermal receipt paper containing bisphenol-A: Prohibition; enforcement.
- Section 21a-12f - Program for collection and disposal of unwanted pharmaceuticals. Public awareness campaign. Regulations.
*See chapter 296a re heating fuel sales.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Connecticut may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.