2019 Connecticut General Statutes
Title 21 - Licenses
Chapter 409* - Pawnbrokers and Secondhand Dealers
- Section 21-39 - Pawnbroker license required. Loans on intangible property excepted.
- Section 21-39a - Definitions.
- Section 21-40 - Issuance of licenses. Fees. Applications. Criminal history records checks. Suspension, revocation or modification of license.
- Section 21-41 - Proof of identity required. Record-keeping requirements.
- Section 21-42 - Documents and copies provided by pawnbroker. Payment requirements. Limitations on check cashing by pawnbroker.
- Section 21-43 - Statement of transactions.
- Section 21-44 - Rates of interest.
- Section 21-45 - Sale or disposition of deposited or pledged property.
- Section 21-46 - Security not defeated by out-of-state conditional sale.
- Section 21-46a - Seizure of property by law enforcement officer. Restitution.
- Section 21-47 - Penalties.
- Section 21-47a to 21-47c - Reserved for future use.
- Section 21-47d - Secondhand dealer license. Fees. Applications. Criminal history records checks. Suspension or revocation of license. Exemption. Penalty.
- Section 21-47e - Proof of identity required. Record-keeping requirements. Payment terms. Statement of transactions. Sale or disposition of property. Seizure of property by law enforcement officer. Restitution. Penalty.
- Section 21-47f to 21-47m - Reserved for future use.
*Cited. 201 C. 89.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Connecticut may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.